About David Watts
David Watts was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. David attended Osler Elementary, Hamber Secondary, Langara College and the University of British Columbia where he received his Bachelor of Commerce in 1995. David began the Notary Public Education Program in 2004. He completed the program, receiving his Commission to begin practice as a Notary Public in 2006 and received the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia’s BDO Dunwoody Award “in recognition of receiving the most consistent marks in all subjects during the Notary Education Program and the Notarial Statutory Examinations.”
David is currently President and has been a director of the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia since September 2011 and continues to serve on several committees.
- Provide Notary Public Services emphasizing excellent client experience, as efficiently as possible; and maintaining green practice.
- Successfully completed BCom at UBC, major in Urban Land Economics
- Received Award for Most Consistent Marks in All Subjects during Notary Education program and Notarial Statutory Exams for my year
- Nov 2007 – received designation as Certified Seniors Advisor (CSA)
- Voted as “Best Lawyer/Notary to use when Buying/Selling Real Estate” and “Best Notary” in the Georgia Straight’s Best of Vancouver; 10 times winning
- Selected by BC Notaries Society to be a mentor for new notaries
- Membership – Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RI)
- People Law School – Board of Directors (2008-2012)
- Vancouver Executive Association – Board of Directors (2009-2011)
- Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia – Board of Directors (2011-Present), currently President.
- The Notary Foundation of British Columbia – Board of Governors (2013-Present), past Chair (2019-2021).
- Growing my business
- Nutrition and wellness
- Hockey, skiing, golf
- Vancouver Executive Association (VanEx)
- Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia
- Excellent Listener
- Creative and Resourceful
- Practical experience
- Surround myself with excellent people to help me move forward effectively