International & US Notary Public Services

At David Watt’s Notary Public, our team can provide you with efficient notary services for international documents.

The US Consulate in Vancouver usually books far in advance for in-person notary services, including authentication and legalization of documents for use in the United States. We are currently referring all of our US notarization inquiries to Barbara Volkov (Border Barb). 

Contact Barbara Volkov

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (360) 305-1651

Barb will meet at the Peace Arch International Park in Blaine to provide notary/loan signing services for people in Canada who need U.S. Notary Services.

Please contact us for more information and to confirm if and how we can assist with your International and US Notarizations.

What is an International Notary?

An international notary is a notary public who is qualified to notarize documents for use in foreign countries. In general, notaries serve as impartial witnesses to the signing of important documents, ensuring that signers are who they say they are and that they sign documents willingly.

Our Notarial Services

Our international notarial service includes:

Document Authentication: As a notary public, if you need a document authenticated, we are able to confirm the authenticity of a document or a signature on a document.

Oaths and Affirmations: We are able to administer oaths and affirmations, which are often required for sworn statements or for an affidavit intended for use overseas.

Certifying Copies: We are able to provide you with a certified true copy of documents for foreign use.

Overseas Property Transactions: For those buying or selling property abroad, our notary service can assist in real estate transfers and verifying and authenticating the necessary paperwork.

What Can You Use Our Notarial Services For?

We provide personalized service based on your notarial needs. Some of the people and reasons someone might need our international notary services include:

International Business: Companies doing business abroad use our notary services as they often need a document notarized for various transactions, contracts, and agreements.

Immigration or Visas: Individuals moving to another country might need to submit notarized copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, and other personal documents.

Overseas Education: Students attending universities in other countries might need notarized transcripts or diplomas.

Real Estate Transactions: Buying or selling property in another country might necessitate various documents to be notarized.

International Adoptions: Adopting a child from a foreign country often requires a multitude of notarized documents.

Estate Settlement: Settling an estate that has assets in multiple countries might require the services of an international notary.

Administrating Bodies

The BC Authentication Program is administered by the Order in Council (OIC) Administration Office in the Ministry of Attorney General.  

The Canada Authentication Program is administered by Global Affairs Canada -Authentication Services Section (JLAC).

David Watts – Notary Public

David Watts Notary Public is based in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. Our office is located at 675 W Hastings St., Unit #1412. If you looking for a local foreign notary or other notarial services, please contact us. Our business hours are 9am-5pm, Monday–Friday.